This Printer has been discontinued
Canon PIXMA PRO-1 13" Printer
The Canon PIXMA PRO-1 Professional Inkjet Printer is the quintessential tool for the professional photographer that gives you the ability to print the images you captured with your Canon EOS Digital SLR, exactly as you envisioned it.
The 12 LUCIA pigment ink system expands the color gamut with improved saturation of colors and darker, deeper blacks which allows the professional photographer to achieve new levels of skin tone reproduction, accuracy and quality, so your prints exhibit stunning detail. Five monochrome inks raise your level of professional print quality when creating the dramatic expression of grayscale photography. Additionally, these new inks are approximately 2.5 times larger than conventional ink tanks.
The PIXMA PRO-1 ships with a full set of cartridges. When installing the ink tanks in the Canon PIXMA PRO-1 for the first time, part of the ink from the first set of cartridges is used for priming the printer. The number of sheets that can be printed with the first tank is less than succeeding cartridges.
To further increase your workflow, the built-in Ethernet connection allows multiple users to seamlessly print from several networked computers in any environment.
For media support, the Canon PIXMA PRO-1 proudly supports two-way paper feeding and professional photo printing on a variety of Fine Art and Glossy Photo Papers each with specific characteristics to meet your dynamic photo printing needs. Exactly.
Features of the PIXMA PRO-1 Printer from Canon
- Print your Vision up to 13"x19":
Print professional quality photos on various media up to 13"x19".
- Canon Full-photolithography Inkjet Nozzle Engineering (FINE) features a patented print head that enables printing with microscopic droplets and high resolution up to 4800x2400 dpi.
- The 12 color LUCIA Pigment Ink system expands the color gamut with improved saturation of colors and darker, deeper blacks. This system allows the professional photographer to achieve new levels of skin tone reproduction, accuracy and quality, so your prints exhibit stunning detail. The 12 LUCIA Pigment Inks also assist in reproducing the vibrant colors of life captured by Canon's well respected EOS Digital SLR cameras.
- Enhanced Black Densities: The 5 monochrome inks which are part of the 12 color LUCIA system consist of Photo Black, Matte Black, Dark Gray, Gray, and Light Gray. These inks deliver enhanced, deep black density to raise your level of professional print quality when creating the dramatic expression of grayscale photography. The premium LUCIA monochrome inks work together to reduce the effect of bronzing. As a result, your printed photos will have expanded dynamic range, especially in the darker or shadow areas of the image.
- Larger Ink Tanks, Streamlined Workflow: The new PGI-29 LUCIA Pigment Inks are approximately 155% larger than previous Canon PIXMA Pro Printer ink tanks, and almost 40% larger than the ink tanks used by select competitors. Larger individual ink tanks provide greater value as less time is required replacing inks, that way more time can be spent printing.
- Uniform Ink Height: The Chroma Optimizer brings uniform ink height over the printed image and regulates surface reflection. This maintains the natural color and integrity of your printed photos.
- Optimum Analysis and Mixture of Color: The Optimum Image Generating (OIG) System utilizes two major technologies implemented in the PIXMA PRO-1. The first is a sophisticated mixing balance of inks determined from numerous ink combinations and advanced analysis. During this analysis, the OIG System carefully calculates the best results for each print mode and paper type used while looking at various image factors including color reproduction, tonal gradations, black density, low graininess, glossiness, anti-bronzing and anti-metamerism. These critical ink balancing principles are derived from Canon's expertise in imaging technology, as well as the familiar colors of life that people see and remember on a daily basis.
The second is the balancing of color reproduction, tonal gradations, and uniform glossiness. The genius and power of the OIG System is truly showcased when your image is printed, exhibited, and is seen exactly as you envisioned it.
- Just Plug it in: This powerful Easy-PhotoPrint Pro plug-in software provides professional photographers effective printing solutions and can directly hand-over image data. Easy-PhotoPrint Pro is compatible with Digital Photo Professional (ver 2.1 or later), Adobe® Photoshop® CS, Adobe® Photoshop Elements®, and Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom®.
- Versatile Paper Handling: Two-way paper feeding provides a rear tray for most supported media types and a dedicated manual feed in the back of the printer for easy loading of thicker papers.
- Built-in CD and DVD Printing: Conveniently print onto your printable CD, DVD or Blu-ray Discs and jackets.
- Built-in Ethernet Connectivity: The built-in Ethernet port allows multiple users to seamlessly print from several networked computers in any environment.
- Computer-free Printing: A PictBridge connection lets you print photos directly from your compatible digital camera, DV camcorder, or camera phone.
- Hi-Speed USB: Plug the cable into your PC for a super-fast connection for your data transfers.
What's in the Box
| ||PIXMA PRO-1 Professional Inkjet Printer |
| ||CD/DVD Printing Tray |
| ||Document Kit: |
- Cross Sell Sheet
- Getting Started
- Important Information Sheet
- Safety Environment Information
- Setup Software & User's Guide CD-ROM
- Warranty Card
| ||Ink Tanks: |
- PGI-29 Matte Black
- PGI-29 Photo Black
- PGI-29 Cyan
- PGI-29 Magenta
- PGI-29 Yellow
- PGI-29 Photo Cyan
- PGI-29 Photo Magenta
- PGI-29 Red
- PGI-29 Dark Gray
- PGI-29 Light Gray
- PGI-29 Gray
- PGI-29 Chroma Optimizer
| ||Power Cord |
| ||Print Head |
Printer ships via ground service and will require a signature for delivery