Canon imagePROGRAF iPF670E Printer
The iPF670E Printer is an extremely economical poster printer for only $899! Great for users looking to print CAD/GIS documents, maps and short term display prints at a very low price.
Wide Format printers are not shipped via UPS; consequently if your location does not have a delivery dock or is a residence; an additional $50 Lift Gate charge will be applied to your order. A special truck with a lift gate is required to unload the printer to your curb.
The Canon imagePROGRAF iPF670E is an economical, entry-level, large-format printer. The iPF670E is designed for customers who need to simply and easily satisfy a broad range of printing needs—CAD/GIS documents, posters and POP displays, and office documents—but without the added features of the premium models.
The compact iPF670E 24-inch large-format printer is the perfect size to sit right on a desk or with the optional stand can fit anywhere in the office. In addition to having an inexpensive up-front purchase price, the iPF670E model ships standard with 540 ml of ink — $360 value.
Dye/Pigment Reactive Ink Set:
The 5-Color ink set (cyan, magenta, yellow, black, matte black) found in the imagePROGRAF iPF670 printer is ideal for technical applications. This ink technology utilizes four highly colorfast dye inks for producing bold, expressive color, plus two channels of pigment matte black ink for printing precise lines, smooth curves and small text on technical and office documents. Included is a reformulated magenta ink that helps produce a wider color gamut in the red and orange spectrums, compared to previous models. Canon inks provide superb adhesion to media, scratch and marker resistance and help ensure minimal "bleeding" between colors and text. Even small text printed on colored backgrounds or on uncoated technical papers is crisp and legible on an imagePROGRAF printer.
High Speed Printing:
The imagePROGRAF iPF670 printer has the ability to output an A1 (23.39"x33.11") sized drawing in Draft mode in approximately 28 seconds6! When you need to keep projects moving forward and meet deadlines, this kind of speed is critical. Powering these incredible print speeds is Canon's L-COA (Large Format Printer Common Architecture) print contRoller, driving the imagePROGRAF print engine to lay down ink with exceptional speed and precision. This high-speed processor enables the print system to process large volumes of data while optimizing output of complex high-color GIS images and architectural renderings for maximum readability and color accuracy.
Sub Ink Tank System:
Canon's Sub-Ink tank system allows all of the available ink in a tank to be used before having to replace it, helping eliminate any wasted ink. The empty tanks can also be replaced on-the-fly without stopping the printer. This is extremely useful during long print jobs.
Economy Print Mode:
The Economy print mode helps reduce the total ink consumption. This feature regulates the use of all inks to produce quick check plots to help minimize your cost per print.
PF-04 Print Head:
Engineered for speed and advanced image production, this printer boasts Canon's print-head technology that lays down ink with exceptional speed and accuracy. The PF-04 print head incorporates a nozzle orifice shape to help minimize mist spray, producing clean lines and text. The high-precision, high-density print head, with a total of 15,360 nozzles, lays down 4 picoliter-size ink droplets that produce sharp detail and excellent image quality. The result is consistently accurate 2400x1200 dpi output with fine lines that are accurate to ±0.10% and as thin as 0.02mm.
- 5-Color Dye/Pigment Reactive Ink Set (including BK ink for glossy papers) - 90ml ink tanks
- Vibrant and eye-catching prints
- Exceptional color stability
- Fine red lines/text
- Wide color gamut in the red/orange spectrum
- Sub-Ink Tank System and Hot Swap Ink Tanks
- The iPF670E printer has a Sub-Ink Tank System which allows the printer to utilize all of the ink in each tank, before having to replace a cartridge, helping to eliminate any waste. The sub-ink tanks also allow empty tanks to be replaced on the fly during a print job, without having to stop the printer.
- Fast Printing - The iPF670E Printer Can Print an A1-Sized Image in 56 Seconds
- Non-Firing Nozzle Detection
- Borderless Printing
- Media thickness: 0.07mm-0.8mm
- Roll Capacity: 2" and 3" Core (3" Core Adapter not included), Maximum Roll Outer Diameter: 5.9" (150mm)
- Optional stand available for purchase
imagePROGRAF Printer Workflow Solutions:
Only the Printer Driver for Windows 64 bit is included with the printer. All other software is available for download
What's in the Box
- Direct Print & Share Software
- Canon’s Direct Print & Share cloud portal solution: Images and files can be uploaded to and downloaded from any WebDAV compliant cloud server †† via Direct Print & Share.
- Integration with software solutions such as AutoCAD
- Direct printing of PDF, TIFF, JPEG and HP-GL/2 file formats
- “Shortcut Print” Drag and Drop printing feature
- Support for PosterArtist files
- Status Monitor
- imagePROGRAF Status Monitor screen displays the details of a printer.
- Check printer status - Printer status is displayed in real time.
- Manage print jobs - Verify, pause and delete print jobs.
- Notification pops up when ink is low or empty
- PosterArtist Lite
- This free software includes a variety templates, images new features including: new .cptx format that saves all poster data, and share .cpfx files via Direct Print & Share Cloud Portal Solution.
- Accounting Manager
- Tracks how much ink and media is being consumed when printing. Costs can be assigned to ink and paper to determine expenses based on “Cost of goods”. The user can also input a variable cost that will be added to the total of the print cost. The data is exportable to a .csv format for Microsoft Excel® so the data can be used for billing purposes.
- Media Configuration Tool
- Print Plug-in for Microsoft Office Suite
- Allows for users of any skill level to print posters or banners directly from Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Canon Optimized Module for AutoCAD
- Printer Driver with Free Layout (nesting) feature
- Nesting: Allows for various types of data of differing sizes to be put on one sheet. The layout treats all the data as one object on a single sheet regardless of the type of application.
- Easy and advanced settings
- Banner Printing Mode
- Poster Printing Mode
- One touch borderless printing
- Categorized Media List
- Real Preview Screen
- imageRUNNER Enlargement Copy Feature
- Conserve Paper Function
- Web link Support Tab
- Driver software compatibility: Windows® XP/Vista?7/8.1/10, Macintosh® OS 10.75-10.11
- iPF670E Printer ( Stand Option Available)
- 2" Roll Holder
- 1 Print Head
- 1 Maintenance Cartridge, (installed)
- 6 Starter Ink Tanks (C, M, Y, BK, MBK, MBK)
- Ethernet Card (built in)
- USB 2.0 High Speed Interface
- Quick Setup Guide (Poster)
- Printer Reference Guide (Booklet)
- Power Cord
- One Year Warranty Card
- Registration Card
- PosterArtist Lite Application CD
- User Software CD with:
- imagePROGRAF Printer Driver
Dye/Pigment Reactive Ink Set:
The 5-Color ink set found in the imagePROGRAF iPF670 printer is ideal for technical applications. This ink technology utilizes four highly colorfast dye inks for producing bold, expressive color, plus two channels of pigment matte black ink for printing precise lines, smooth curves and small text on technical and office documents. Included is a reformulated magenta ink that helps produce a wider color gamut in the red and orange spectrums, compared to previous models. These Canon inks provide superb adhesion to media, scratch and marker resistance and help ensure minimal "bleeding" between colors and text. Even small text printed on colored backgrounds or on uncoated technical papers is crisp and legible on an imagePROGRAPH printer.
The imagePROGRAF iPF670 printer has the ability to output an A1 (23.39" x 33.11") sized drawing in Draft mode in approximately 56 seconds!
Sub-Ink Tank System:
Canon's unique sub-ink tank system allows for users to use all of the ink that's available in a tank before having to replace it, helping eliminate any wasted ink. The empty tanks can also be replaced on-the-fly without stopping the printer. This is extremely useful during long print jobs.
Precision Printing: High-Density PF-04 Print Head
Engineered for speed and advanced image production, this printer boasts Canon's print-head technology that lays down ink with exceptional speed and accuracy. The PF-04 print head incorporates a nozzle orifice shape to help minimize mist spray, producing clean lines and text. The high-precision, high-density print head, with a total of 15,360 nozzles, lays down 4 picoliter-size ink droplets that produce sharp detail and excellent image quality. The result is consistently accurate 2400 x 1200 dpi output with fine lines that are accurate to 0.10% and as thin as 0.02mm.
Direct Print & Share:
Canon's Direct Print & Share software is a cloud portal solution that helps users to expand their printing workflow. Available as a free download, this software gives users the ability to upload documents to their own account using any WebDAV compliant1 cloud service, and have those documents printed from almost anywhere. Easily share a variety of file types and print PDFs, TIFFs, JPEGs, and HP-GL/2 files through the user-friendly interface, and even have the ability to do batch printing! In addition to these features, users can set-up hot folders on their desktop for easy shortcut printing, by being able to simply drag and drop the files they wish to print into these folders and see the job spool automatically. Users can set up multiple folders each with their own customized settings, allowing for multiple jobs to be run with ease.
imagePROGRAF Print Utility:
imagePROGRAF Print Utility is Canon's mobile app for wireless printing via an Apple iPad to an imagePROGRAF printer2. Through use of the app, users have the ability to preview their PDF file, utilize some of the great basic settings seen in their Canon Printer Driver such as selecting the number of copies, paper orientation, and quality, and then send their print to one of the imagePROGRAF 5-Color Printers sharing the same network. imagePROGRAF Print Utility is available for download free of charge through the iTunes App Store.
Canon Printer Driver:
These Windows and Macintosh drivers incorporate simplified page setup options, one-touch borderless printing, expanded color settings, and much more into a printer driver that is intuitive and easy-to-operate while still giving even the most advanced users the tools needed to stay productive.
The Real Preview feature helps users check that the print setting and the layout on the roll paper are correct by providing real time preview, allowing users to change the print setting even after clicking on "print." The Free Layout feature enables nesting and custom layouts of images or files of nearly any type (available for both Windows and Mac driver).
The imageRUNNER Enlargement Copy feature built-in to the printer driver lets users transfer data from their Color imageRUNNER device with Universal Send to the imagePROGRAF printer - all with the touch of a button - enabling users to easily create posters from hard copy documents.
At a Glance
1. Easy-to-use preset document profiles (examples are Poster, CAD, Photo)
2. Automatic print quality options dependent on print application and media
3. Real Preview that lets users change document and printer settings after clicking "print"
4. Page nesting feature with Free Layout for Windows and Mac
7. Borderless printing
8. Easy setting/Advanced setting
9. Optimized module for AutoCAD
The imagePROGRAF Status Monitor (Version 25.51) has a new Ink Purchase Notification Function. This feature enables a user to customize their Status Monitor so that when an ink tank is running low and needs replacing, a prompt will appear that either provides the user a link to a website where the tank can be purchased, or the contact information to a trusted supplier. What appears exactly can be selected depending on user preference
Canon imagePROGRAF Accounting Manager tracks how much ink and media is being consumed while printing. Costs can be assigned to ink and paper to determine expenses based on "Cost of goods". You can also input a variable cost that will be added to the total of the cost per print. The data is exportable to a .csv format for Microsoft Excel, from there the data can be used for billing purposes.
Log Recording Time
Client Job ID
Client Job Submission Time
Job Execution Time
Job Completion Time
Job Completion State
Number of completed pages
Media consumption area per job
Canon's included PosterArtist Lite poster creation software gives users the ability to quickly and easily create professional large format prints. Users simply follow the programs four (4) easy steps to create posters that can be used in applications such as Office presentation, Trade shows, Retail Signage, and much, much more.
For those with more demanding poster creation needs, Canon's optional PosterArtist offers advanced features such as Auto Design, Variable Data, and in-application image editing features, as well as additional templates, royalty-free photos, and clip art. The built-in weblink feature in PosterArtist Lite links users directly to the PosterArtist website for useful hints and tips, and for even more free content for download.
Enhanced features include:
Direct Print & Share cloud portal support
File format to allow for easy sharing of poster files
Visit www.usa.canon.com/posterartist for a free demo version to download.
Print Plug-In for Microsoft Office:
This utility makes it easy to print large-format documents created in Microsoft Word, Excel, or PowerPoint. The Plug-in appears in a tool bar inside the Microsoft application and has an easy-to-follow "Wizard". The Plug-in will bypass the printer driver to simplify the printing process. A few simple steps convert your 8.5" x 11" office document to poster size.
Optimized Module for AutoCAD:
This specialized driver is compatible with a variety of AutoCAD software products and helps enable optimal printing productivity and reliability from the AutoCAD software. Through this module, the processing and printing time associated with printing AutoCAD files to the imagePROGRAF printer is decreased to approximately 1/3rd the time associated with printing through the Canon HDI Driver! The module also has a user-friendly interface that includes familiar features such as free layout, test printing, and 1200 dpi rendering. This module is automatically loaded when printing is attempted from AutoCAD, ensuring a smooth workflow with optimal printing results each time.