i1Publish Pro 2 is designed for imaging professionals working in prepress, digital printing, photography or design who rely on accurate color throughout their digital workflow from cameras, monitors and projectors to RGB and CMYK+any4 printers and presses. i1Publish Pro 2 includes:
- The extraordinary new i1Pro 2 Spectrophotometer
- The latest release of i1Profiler Software
- ColorChecker Camera Calibration and ColorChecker Classic Target [mini[
- PANTONE Color Manager Software
- ColorChecker Proof Target
- All-new, more robust i1 accessories: Ambient Light Measurement Head, Monitor Holder, Scanning Ruler, Backup Board, Spot Color Positioning Target, Soft Carrying Case
i1PRO 2 The most accurate, versatile and reliable profiling device available today
Built upon the success of X-Rites i1Pro spectrophotometer as the de facto industry standard for more than a decade, i1Pro 2 features the next generation of our industry-leading technology delivering increased accuracy, ease of use and an expanded professional-level feature set.
- New illuminant design allows for 3 standard measurement conditions (ISO 13655 M0: Tungsten; ISO 13655 M1: D50; ISO 13655 M2: UV Cut) plus Optical Brightener Compensation (OBC) without changing filters or needing a second instrument and ensures your investment well into the future.
- Enhanced Optical Brightener Compensation allows for the most accurate profiling for todays enhanced range of substrates. Now photographers can predict what colors printed on optically brightened paper will look like under both standard and specific light conditions using a single hand-held device. With the M1 measurement capability, imaging professionals can rely on consistent measurement for visual matching under emerging industry standard viewing conditions.
- Positioning Detection Sensor provides a more robust scanning experience even on special substrates and low-resolution printers. It allows for the measurement of smaller patch sizes (as low as 7mm) in manual mode saving time and money on consumables and enabling dual measurement workflows for OBC, M1 and M2.
- New Status LED guides users through the measurement process and provides feedback on device status, improving the user experience and saving time.
- New Design Ergonomics throughout allows for greater usability, flexibility, cleaning, protection, and storage of the precision i1Pro 2 device, assuring the highest level of reliability and productivity.
- Better temperature stability and higher brightness levels improve emissive measurement, resulting in the best possible calibration and profiling of monitors and projectors.
- All new diagnostics and self-correction features
Built-in wavelength calibration technology allows for self-diagnosis of optical grating in relation to sensor during white calibration (with automatic correction and notifications) eliminating worry about your deviceï¿½s measurement accuracy.
- Maintaining and protecting the device (and investment) is easier than ever
Self-cleanable aperture protection glass and calibration white tile cover provides additional built-in protection from dust and dirt keeping your device working at top performance at all times.
i1Pro 2 is equipped with the X-Rite Graphic Arts Standard (XRGA) to make it quicker and easier for companies and professionals involved in digital production printing to adhere to ISO standards and have confidence that data sent or received from all links in the supply chain is reliable and repeatable.
i1Profiler, based upon X-Rites i1Prism color engine, offers an unprecedented level of flexibility and features a number of unique color management capabilities adding power and control in creating professional quality profiles. You can choose between a basic, wizard-driven interface; or an advanced, user-driven interface to create high quality, precise, custom color profiles for monitors and projectors.
i1Profiler unique capabilities include:
- Create highest quality professional color profiles for monitors and projectors
- Optimize profiles based on ambient light
- Quality assurance for soft proofing on monitors and verifying output quality on printers
i1Profiler specific capabilities include:
- Utilize presets for video production workflows
- Create profiles for any ambient light condition for optimal viewing of color critical work
- Unlimited gamma, white point, and luminance settings (also measure other displays or light sources and use as targets)
- Workgroup match utilizing reference profiles to match all monitors
- Gray balance optimization for more neutral and better defined grays, in any lighting condition
- Chromatic adaptation formula for a closer visual match of different monitors (or of different settings on one monitor) with different white points
- X-Riteï¿½s Automatic Display Calibration (ADC) to automatically control and adjust display hardware settings
- Build an accurate on-screen profile in just a few minutes just as easy as building a monitor profile
- Takes room conditions into consideration when creating profile projected colors, screen color and room lighting
RGB and CMYK+ Printer
- Intelligent iterative profiling technology ensures your output is reproduced accurately from print to print and printer to printer
- Unmatched quality for smoothness, highlight and shadow detail
- Utilize Optical Brightener Compensation (OBC) functionality to account for paper optical brighteners
- Advanced controls for black generation and separation and significant ink savings
- Optimize profiles based on your images for specific colors, black & white, or flesh tones, PANTONE libraries and captured spot colors
- Supports high patch count test charts for the most accurate printer profiles ï¿½ ideal for fine art printing and proofing
- Choose from standard test charts or easily build your own to meet your specific color and paper size requirements
- Automatic detection of any installed RGB or CMYK printer driver
- Keep color correct over time and between runs by using the linearization feature to bring your printer back to it's profiled state
- Capture true colors with flash and ambient light measurements easily apply to output profiles for your gallery, studio or any specific lighting condition for perfect color match
- Quickly check color output quality and optical brighteners with ColorChecker Proof visual assessment target
Quality Assurance (QA)
- Display quality assurance function to check soft proofing
- Printer quality assurance function to check print quality using ISO 12647-7 compliant media wedges (IDEAlliance Digital Control Strip, Fogra Media Wedge, Japan Color Control Strip).
ColorChecker Camera Calibration System
This widely adapted profiling technology provides excellent results with just the mini 24-patch ColorChecker Classic target, producing custom camera profiles that work exceptionally well for Raw workflows, even in unusual artificial light sources. Whether you are shooting with just one camera or multiple cameras, youï¿½ll easily establish an accurate color foundation and maintain control of your colors.
- Minimize color differences between cameras and lenses
- Adapt for mixed lighting
- Make color balance match across different scenes
- Create dual illuminant profiles which takes into account two different light sources to create a single profile, which can be applied to an even wider variety of lighting conditions
PANTONE COLOR MANAGER
- Capture and manage spot colors
- Automatically updates all PANTONE Color Libraries - and keeps them up to date
- Uses PANTONE PLUS Color Bridge values
- Builds palettes of best match PANTONE colors that are auto extracted from your own images
- Enables any library or palette, including palettes extracted from images, to be used in i1Profiler spot color optimization of printer Profiles.
- Builds ICC profile-based device-specific CMYK recipes for any PANTONE Graphics library
- Simulates and helps you visualize spot vs. 4-color process, including display and print gamut warnings to make it easy to identify any colors that cannot be properly printed on your target output device or properly displayed on your monitor
- Synchronizes spot color values to design applications
i1PRO 2 ACCESSORIES
i1Pro 2 accessories have been completely redesigned to maximize ease of use and efficiency.
- Every i1Pro 2 solution ships with an easy to use aluminum, solvent-resistant, ruler system making chart measurements extremely fast and easy with just one hand. Use the ruler as a stand-alone or with the included white-surfaced, sturdy, foldable back-up board. Rapid, error-free measurements are a certainty with the i1Pro 2 ruler system.
- Additional accessories include a beamer holder for hands-free projector profiling, monitor holder for accurate monitor profiling, ambient light measurement head and spot color positioning target, and a water-resistant, canvas carrying case to make transporting and storing your i1 system a snap.