Epson SureColor P8000 Designer Edition 44" Wide Format Printer
Regularly $4,395 - now only $3,395 after Epson's $1000 Instant Rebate through 12/31/18
Wide Format printers are not shipped via standard UPS services; consequently if your location does not have a delivery dock or is a residence; an additional $50 Lift Gate charge will be applied to your order. A special truck with a lift gate is required to unload the printer to your curb.
The SureColor P8000 Designer Edition includes EFI Fiery eXpress for Epson RIP Software. The printer is designed for Photographic imaging entry-level professional 44”-wide printer for graphic designers, print shops and photographers.
SureColor P8000 Designer Edition Printer Details
New UltraChrome® HD Inks — professional 8-color archival ink set delivers standout color and higher-density blacks for enhanced overall dynamic range, contrast ratio and clarity for both color and black-and-white prints.
Designer Edition includes EFI® Fiery® eXpress for Epson RIP — print PostScript®, vector CMYK and RGB fi les quickly and easily.
Exceptional print permanence — next-generation archival pigment ink technology for up to twice the overall print permanence than previous generations.
Remarkable detail — Epson® PrecisionCore® TFP® printhead delivers high print speeds with 360 nozzles per color channel with variable-size ink droplets as small as 3.5 picoliters.
Robust media handling — front-loading media with spindle-free Roll adapters feeds all media types via a unique straight-through vertically-angled feed path; supports virtually any media thickness in Roll or cut-sheet up to 1.5 mm thick.
Superior connectivity — standard gigabit Ethernet and USB 2.0 along with an optional internal 320GB print server quickly transfers print jobs and frees up workstations; the internal print server includes print queue management and the ability to save and reprint jobs.
Features & Benefits
The Epson SureColor P-series printers incorporate our latest achievements in photographic ink jet technology. By combining the advanced technology of our PrecisionCore MicroPiezo TFP print head with the archival performance of Epson UltraChrome HD 8-color wide gamut inks, our newest generation of Epson SureColor P-Series printers represent worthy successors to the revered Epson Stylus Pro 890 Series
- All-new Epson UltraChrome HD 8-Color pigment ink
- Latest PrecisionCore TFP print head
- Professional roll and sheet media handling
- Powerful on board controller and Enhanced Gigabit Ethernet
- Optional Internal Print Server for higher productivity
- Optional Epson SpectroProofer, in-line spectrophotometer
UltraChrome HD Inks
Next Generation Pigment Ink Technology
- Introducing all new pigments for outstanding color performance and Improved Resin Encapsulation Technology for superior gloss uniformity.
Improved Black Density
- Photo Black pigment 1.5 times denser than the previous generation ink set, along with significant improvement to overall contrast ratio and optical clarity.
Significant Print Permanence Improvements
- Featuring completely reformulated pigment technology for improved print permanence, and up to twice the overall print permanence versus our previous generation ink set.
Epson Intelligent High-Capacity Ink System
- Nine individual ink cartridges; available in 150ml, 350ml, and 700ml fill volumes. SureColor P-Series printers are designed to work exclusively with specially formulated Epson inks, and not with other brands of cartridges or inks.
PrecisionCore TFP Print Head
Versatile Media Handling
- One-inch wide print head with 8-channels of 360 nozzles each
- Capable of printing up to 2,880 x 1,440 dpi
- Supports variable sized droplet technology as small as 3.5 picoliter
- Ink repellant surface coating for reduced nozzle clogging
- Low vibration meniscus control for highly accurate dot shape and placement
- Automatic or manual photo and matte black ink type switching
- New scheduled print head maintenance cycles
- Perform before the next job after the allotted time
- New Precision Dot advanced screening for accurate color and smooth tonal transitions
- Top front-loading roll media support up to 24 (SC-P6000) and 44 wide (SC-P8000)
- Spindle-Free roll media adapters adjust easily for both 2 and 3 media cores
- Straight-through media path, optimal for delicate surface fine art and photo medias
- BorderFree printing for many popular print widths
- 10, 13, 16, 17, 24, 36 and 44 (36 and 44 SureColor P8000 only)
- Built-in automatic rotary media cutter
- Capable of smoothly cutting all photographic and fine art media types
- Roll media length tracking
- Automatic printing and reading of bar code to track and report remaining length
- Automatically alerts operator if theres not enough media left to print the job
- Optional 44 Auto Take-up Reel system
- Perfect for unattended roll-to-roll production SureColor P8000 only
Internal Print Server (Optional)
- Store up to 200 jobs, reprint jobs and adjust print priority
- Quickly off-loads print data from one or multiple MACs and PCs
- Manage jobs at the printer control panel, or remotely via a built-in web interface
- Supported with new Print Driver Options:
- Print & Save fast spooling with reprint functionality
- Print Only fast spooling without job storage
- Save Only holds for printing at a later time,great for black ink or media change
- Print after Transmission Completed perfect for wireless and slow connections
- Advanced security with IPsec and IEEE802.1x authentication protocols
- User installable option, can be added at any time
SpectroProofer UVS (Optional)
- Optional 24- or 44-inch wide spectrophotometer developed jointly with X-Rite
- Automates color calibration and proof verification tasks
- X-Rite ILS30EP reading unit supports: M0, M1 and M2 measurements
- Support all standard UV and UV-cut measurement requirements
- XRGA complaint for intra-device measurement compatibility
- Built-in print dryer to accelerate the dry-down and reading consistency
- Simple, clean installation into the front of the printer, can be added any time
- Supported by industry leading digital front-ends (DFEs): AGFA, CGS, EFI, ESKO, Fuji, GMG
EFI eXpress for Epson included with Designer Edition Bundles
- Easy-to-Use intuitive interface saves time and produces accurate output.
- Print directly from the latest creative design software, or drag-and-drop files to a hot folder.
- True Adobe PDF and Postscript 3 print engine ensures compatibility with your design files.
- Professional ICC color management, based on BestColor technology used in the commercial EFI Colorproof XF RIP offered with the Epson Proofing Edition Series.
- Handles both CMYK data for accurate proofing to industry standards, and RGB data for exceptional results with Photography and Fine Art.
- Reproduces accurate spot colors with the included PANTONE, DIC, HKS, and TOYO libraries.
- True cross platform network printing via hot folder or eXpress Virtual Print technology.
- Software supported on both Macintosh OS X and Microsoft Windows operating systems.
- Includes Epson media support out of the box, and the ability to add custom media types.