Epson® SureColor® P5000 Commercial Edition 17" Wide-format Inkjet Printer$400 Mail-in Rebate through 01/31/2021. Click here to download rebate form.
Wide Format printers are not shipped via standard UPS services; consequently if your location does not have a delivery dock or is a residence; an additional $50 Lift Gate charge will be applied to your order. A special truck with a lift gate is required to unload the printer to your curb.
Professional 17" wide-format 10-color inkjet printer.
Commercial Edition — includes an all-new Violet ink (in place of Light Light Black) to deliver an industry-best 99 percent PANTONE® PLUS FORMULA GUIDE solid-coated color matching, ideal for commercial and flexographic proofing applications.
Designed to set the benchmark for professional imaging excellence, the 17" Epson® SureColor P5000 Series offers a refined design for enhanced performance and reliability. Ideal for professional photographic, fine art, graphic design and proofing applications, it features our advanced PrecisionCore® TFP® printhead and Epson Precision Dot screening technologies, developed to work exclusively with 200 mL UltraChrome HDX® pigment ink cartridges. This next-generation 10-color extended-gamut ink set includes higher-density Blacks and delivers up to twice the print permanence than the previous generation1 . Plus, get versatile media handling with automatic switching between the high-capacity front paper cassette and the Roll media feeder.
Designed for professional printing, the 17" SureColor P5000 Series offers enhanced reliability, exceptional color gamut and print permanence on Roll and sheet-fed media with UltraChrome HDX pigment inks.
- Refined printer design — improved dust and static control for reduced printhead nozzle maintenance
- Improved Black density — higher-density Black pigments for a wider contrast ratio and enhanced clarity for both color and black-and-white prints
- Exceptional print permanence — offers next-generation pigment ink technology for up to twice the overall print permanence than our previous generation of ink
- Remarkable detail — Epson PrecisionCore TFP printhead delivers high print speeds with 360 nozzles per color channel, with variable-size ink droplets as small as 3.5 picoliters
- Versatile, productive media handling — automatically switch between the high-capacity front paper cassette and the Roll media feeder
- Standard Edition — 10-color UltraChrome HDX Ink set features Orange and Green and three level Black inks supporting advanced black-and-white photographic printing
- Commercial Edition — includes an all-new Violet ink (in place of Light Light Black) to deliver an industry-best 99 percent PANTONE® PLUS FORMULA GUIDE solid-coated color matching, ideal for commercial and flexographic proofing applications
- Designer Edition — offers all the features of the Standard Edition, plus it includes EFI® Fiery® eXpress for Epson, an industry-leading software RIP with true Adobe® PostScript® 3™ for accurate CMYK and spot color printing
- Epson Precision Dot screening algorithm — ensures incredibly accurate control of the sizing and mixing of ink droplets for beautiful prints
- Easy to use — 2.7" LCD panel allows for easy setup, control and maintenance of the printer
- Printer dimensions: 34"(w)x48"(d)x15.9"(h)
- Printer weight: 114.6lbs
- Shipping dimensions: 40"(w)x48"(d)x28"(h)
- Shipping weight: 140lbs
- Ships with 80ml ink starter set
Designed for use exclusively with Epson cartridges*.
- Refined printer design — reduced nozzle maintenance
- 10-color UltraChrome HDX inks with higher-density Blacks
- Up to 2x print permanence than previous generation1
- Remarkable detail — PrecisionCore TFP printhead
- Auto switching between front cassette and Roll media
Refined printer design.
Combining unique hardware refinements with our most advanced printing technology to date, the SureColor P5000 was designed to achieve the highest standards for performance and reliability. This refined design offers improved dust and static control for reduced printhead nozzle maintenance. And, our new Epson PrecisionCore TFP printhead features ink-repellent surface coating for reduced nozzle maintenance.
Epson UltraChrome HDX pigment ink technology.
Representing our latest generation of photographic ink technology, the 10-color UltraChrome HDX Ink set redefines the standard for photographic imaging excellence and print permanence. Utilizing newly developed core pigments — including Black inks 1.5 times denser than our previous generation — the level of photographic clarity, optical density and vibrancy sets a new benchmark for Epson. And, with our latest generation of color pigment technology, we’ve achieved a breakthrough in print permanence, resulting in prints of exceptional quality that will define your legacy.
Improved black density.
Higher-density Black pigments anchor the darkest possible tone in the print, producing a wider contrast ratio, and resulting in optically clearer and sharper images — for both color and black-and-white prints
Three-Level Black inks.
Available on the Standard and Designer Editions, this combination of Photo Black, Light Black and Light Light Black inks creates smooth, neutral tonal transitions, while bringing out even the most subtle details — for both color and black-and-white prints.
Advanced Black-and-White Photo Mode
Available on the Standard and Designer Editions, this advanced driver mode offers professional control to provide incredible neutral or toned black-and-white prints. Choose from one of four presets — neutral, warm, cool or sepia — or fine-tune your photo even further with density slider bars and the color toning wheel for a higher level of precision.
Increased print performance.
Based upon print permanence testing conducted by Wilhelm Imaging Research Inc., our latest pigment ink technology results in prints lasting up to twice as long as our previous generation of ink.
Advanced PrecisionCore printhead technology.
Developed to work exclusively with our unique Epson UltraChrome HDX Ink, the PrecisionCore TFP printhead is our most advanced printhead to date, achieving exceptional ink efficiency and a higher level of printhead reliability.
Versatile media handling.
Epson’s only 17" printer available with auto-switching media sources, the SureColor P5000 offers on demand printing from both the high-capacity front paper cassette and Roll media feeder. Featuring a high-speed rotary cutter, the top-loading Roll path supports BorderFree® printing at popular widths, including 8", 10", 11", 13", 14", 16", 16.5" and 17". The printer also offers a variety of sheet media paths, including the front cassette for multiple sheets, or single-sheet top loading and straight-through path for media up to 1.5 mm thick.
Designer Edition featuring EFI Fiery eXpress for Epson RIP.
Powered by a customized software RIP from EFI, the SureColor P5000 Designer Edition offers graphic designers and photographers the ultimate way to print their creative work.
- EFI Fiery eXpress RIP software with CMYK, Spot, RGB and PostScript support — for accurate color-managed prints
- Compatible with virtually any design file — Adobe PDF and PostScript 3 print engine
- Easy-to-use interface — provides a streamlined workflow and thorough print job information
- Powerful layout tools to maximize paper use
- Supports multiple print methods — use hot folders to easily drag and drop files to print across various workgroups
Commercial Edition featuring UltraChrome HDX Violet ink.
The Epson UltraChrome HDX 10-color expanded-gamut pigment ink set continues our tradition of meeting high-performance standards for color accuracy and stability — proofs are ready within minutes. Featuring Orange, Green and the addition of Violet ink, the ink set delivers an incredible 99 percent PANTONE PLUS FORMULA GUIDE solid-coated color match . These are just some of the reasons why Epson printers have been the number one choice of prepress professionals for the last decade.
Optional Epson SpectroProofer® UVS.
Available for the Commercial and Standard Edition, the optional Epson SpectroProofer UVS automates media calibrations and re-linearization using your advanced proofing workflow software. Powered by an X-Rite ILS30EP, this offers the latest industry illuminate standards of M0, M1 and M2.
Superior color and detail.
The all-new Epson Precision Dot screening algorithm works behind the scenes to ensure incredibly accurate control of the sizing and mixing of ink droplets — resulting in beautiful prints.
Auto Black ink type switching.
With both Matte Black and Photo Black inks delivered through a single channel, Black ink type is selected automatically based on the chosen media.
Standard 1-year Epson PreferredSM Service.
Epson’s standard 1-year Epson Preferred Service is included with your purchase. Free technical support is available Monday through Friday; if additional support is required, usually next-day onsite service is available. For more information, visit www.epson.com/support
Optional 1- or 2-year Epson Preferred Plus Service extensions.
Extend your Epson coverage when the standard 1-year in-box warranty ends. A 1- or 2-year Epson Preferred Plus Service extension can be purchased while under the standard program, providing up to 3 years of complete coverage from Epson. For more information on your product, see www.epson.com/support
1. ENERGY STAR 2.0 qualified
2. Easy-to-use 2.7" LCD panel
Better Products for a Better Future™ eco.epson.com
- RoHS compliant
- ENERGY STAR® 2.0 qualified
- Recyclable product
- Epson America, Inc. is a SmartWay® Transport Partner
*This product uses only genuine Epson-brand cartridges. Other brands of ink cartridges and ink supplies are not compatible and, even if described as compatible, may not function properly.
1. Ink lightfastness rating based on accelerated testing of prints on specialty media, displayed indoors, under glass. Actual print stability will vary according to media, printed image, display conditions, light intensity, humidity and atmospheric conditions. Epson does not guarantee longevity of prints. For maximum print life, display all prints under glass or lamination or properly store them. Visit SureColor P5000 Series Marketing Copy Fix 12/13/16 Important: The copy in this document must be used verbatim Epson America, Inc. Page 6 www.wilhelm-research.com for the latest information.
2. 99% coverage of PANTONE PLUS FORMULA GUIDE solid-coated palette based on Epson Proofing Paper White Semimatte printed with the Epson Driver at 2880x1440 dpi. PANTONE coverage may vary when printed under other conditions.
3. For convenient and reasonable recycling options, visit www.epson.com/recycle
4. SmartWay is an innovative partnership of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency that reduces greenhouse gases and other air pollutants and improves fuel efficiency. 10.0 - Trademark Attributions (footnotes) 10.1 Attributions: EPSON, PrecisionCore, SpectroProofer, SureColor, TFP and UltraChrome HDX are registered trademarks, EPSON Exceed Your Vision is a registered logomark and Better Products for a Better Future is a trademark of Seiko Epson Corporation. BorderFree is a registered trademark and Epson Preferred is a service mark of Epson America, Inc. All other product and brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims any and all rights in these marks. Copyright 2016 Epson America, Inc. CPD-52964 12/16